There’s now less than a week until my art show, and I’ve been trying to make final preparations. Today I bought a few mats and finished up a new piece (which I’ll post at the end of this) and tomorrow I’m going to bring a disc full of images to Henco to get printed up. I’m going to start with probably three of every piece, see what (if anything) sells, and print more as needed. I’m thinking about doing a “Buy two get one free” sale or something like that to generate more interest.

The other day I put the finishing touches on a piece… watercolor and acrylic (which was applied via a linoleum block print) which was then mounted to a piece of stained wood, with a decorative brass nail in each corner. It turned out wonderful (I’ll post it at the end also) and will likely end up being one of the central pieces in my show. The piece was an odd size, and you wouldn’t believe how hard it is to find wood to fit something larger than two feet without having to buy a gigantic piece of wood that will set you back $45 or so. Luckily at the second hardware store I went to I found a piece big enough that was substantially cheaper and got them to cut it down. Now I have a bunch of wood left over, which I’ll probably just paint on.

After I get all my prints done and bagged, all that’s really left is to put some wire on the back of a few more pieces, add some sawtooth hangers to the aforementioned wood-mounted piece (picture wire doesn’t seem to work too well), and print up some tags with titles and prices. Then of course bring all of this stuff there and set everything up, which will be tons of fun. Fingers crossed, I really hope I sell some pieces. Or at least some prints.

And as far as relations with the female species go… Last night, after trying unsuccessfully to see some meteors, Michelle came over. We had some drinks and talked about a bunch of random stuff, and eventually she got tired and went back to her apartment. We’re very different in a few important areas, so I seriously doubt anything will ever happen between us. But she’s absolutely gorgeous, and having some one-on-one time with her was pretty cool. If nothing else, I have a hot friend. And who doesn’t want one of those?

Tomorrow will be date number three with Lauren. We’re going to this fancy French restaurant downtown, which I’m not exactly thrilled about. I didn’t see much on the menu that interested me, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I find something there I like while she’s busy with the all-you-can-eat mussels. I keep telling her she needs to watch He Died With A Felafel In His Hand, it seems like the humor in the movie would be right up her alley. And she would be one of the few people I know who would catch the obscure literature and philosophy references. The last time we went out she was coming down with a cold so she declined my invitation to come over and watch it. I’m hoping this time I can convince her. I guess we’ll see soon enough.

So yeah that’s about it for updates, now for some pictures…..

First, here’s the picture I just finished today. I call it “Drill Baby Drill.”



And now, the piece I finished a few days ago (the mounted version), “Wither.”



And that’s pretty much it for now. I’ve got a busy day ahead of me, so sleep is probably a good idea.