Ignore the hastily attached Animal House subject. The point of this entry is that last night played out pretty much the same as the night before… except better.

Remember how I said I needed to get to bed at a decent hour? Yeah, that didn’t happen. After writing my last blog entry, I went upstairs to unwind. I ended up dozing off for a few minutes at my computer desk. I woke back up and went to the bathroom, and when I came back for some reason I glanced down at my phone and saw it was blinking. I had gotten a text from Kat while I dozed. She said that she noticed my lights were off and wasn’t sure if I was asleep or out, but that they were hanging out at Michelle’s place, and if I was awake I should come by. I replied and said that I was getting ready for bed, but that I’d come by for a little while instead.

When I got over there they were involved in a game of Friends trivia. Michelle is a huge fan of the TV show, and they were all trying to find a question in the deck that she didn’t know the answer to. “They” in this case would be Kat, Kat’s roommate Abby, and Michelle’s brother, who is also named Chris. Michelle decided that she needed to go to sleep and went upstairs. The Other Chris and Abby were hitting it off quite well, and frequently went out on the front porch to smoke and talk, leaving Kat and I alone to chat. We had a lot of really good conversation, I feel like a genuine connection has been formed between us. The more I get to know her the more I like her.

Eventually the night turned into a big YouTube fest, with each of us showing our top videos and everyone laughing their collective asses off. After a few hours reality set in and Kat informed Abby that they had to leave so she could at least get some sleep before work in the morning. Abby and The Other Chris were pretty much inseparable – they literally got into a tug-of-war at one point in time. I walked Kat to her car and we chatted a bit more, and decided to arrange a date for Friday night. We had a nice embrace, she finally pried Abby away, and they headed home. By then it was about 4:00 AM. I walked across the parking lot on Cloud 27, looking down at the people on Cloud 9, laughing.

Again, I was completely unable to sleep. I tossed and turned and woke up several times. At work today I was running on pure adrenaline. Well that and energy drinks. A regular customer won $600 on scratch-off tickets and gave me and my coworker $10 each. I attempted to get some pizza from the little pizzeria down the street, but evidently they were closed for Labor Day. I put politics aside and had Chick-Fil-A instead. I came home to find my roommate, Joshua, and Angela sitting on Michelle’s front porch with her and her roommate Dustin. I got changed out of my uniform and went over to join them. I got some advice and opinions on the whole Kat thing from Michelle, who obviously knows her better than I do, and from my roommate and Joshua, who seem to have a little more practical knowledge of the world of dating than I do.

I’m completely exhausted. And this time I really will go to bed at a decent hour. But I’m pretty excited at the possibility of something developing here. It’s been a long time since a girl completely blew me away, and the chance that she might perhaps be interested in me as well has me on a high like nothing else. Tomorrow I’m going to register for those online classes at AB Tech, which is a huge thing, but I’m thinking maybe Friday might be even bigger. I’m optimistic without getting my hopes up, which is kinda a new feeling for me. Fingers crossed…..